Monday, June 3, 2013

Balsamic Bomb Green Beans

When I realize that I've eaten something every night for four nights, it's time to write it down.  I feel confident that you can visualize green beans so I won't wait another day to take a picture.  Tonight I ate the whole pan of beans before a camera could enter my mind.

I got this little gem from one of my clients.  Her mom has been making these green beans and she hasn't been able to stop talking about them... and now here I am... 4 days into the beans with no end in sight.  True love.

1 pounds of fresh green beans
2 cups vegetable stock
1 small yellow onion diced fine
1 or 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
1 heaping tablespoon of Grey Poupon mustard
1 -2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Seasoning salt and pepper to taste

Snip the end of the green beans and break them into your favorite length.  Boil in vegetable stock until slightly softened but still have some snap to them.

In a large skillet, saute finely chopped onions and garlic in a bit of non-stick spray.  You can also ladle some of the vegetable stock from the beans into the skillet to help the onions along without using additional oil.

Strain the beans and add them to the skillet for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.  Green beans are a personal thing - cook em' til ya like em.

In a small coffee cup, mix the Grey Poupon and balsamic vinegar until a delicious dressing comes together.  You can't go wrong here with measurements - just keep adding what you like until it's done to your liking.  Spoon the dressing in with the beans and toss to coat.  Turn the heat off  and take the pan to the living room to devour in front of the television.

I can't get enough.  I made two pounds of beans tonight - enough for me and the huz - 2 hours later all of mine and over half of his are gone.  I keep circling the kitchen like a little green bean vulture.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment