Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stir-Fry for a Rainy Day

It's a dark and rainy day on Barbados - a rarity.  Alas it the first day this year that I can stay inside, make a beautiful lunch and catch up on Justified - guilt free!

Rachel made this stir-fry for me a few months ago and I just can't get enough. I've put my own stamp on it but it closely resembles her lovely creation.  This can be split into two meals (Rachel would probably get three of four out of it!) but I am a little piglet so I just ate the whole bowl.


1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 small onion diced
1 clove of garlic minced
2 stalks of broccoli cut into florets
1/4 head of kale
3/4 cup shelled edamame (boiled for 4 minutes)
1/4 block of tofu - drained, rinsed, pressed and diced
Badia "Complete Seasoning" if you have it - otherwise kosher salt and pepper
Sweet Chili Sauce
And of course, one of the great loves of my life... Sriracha Sauce

Heat the sesame oil in a large fry pan or wok with a lid - add the onion and broccoli and stir for a minute
Add the garlic and kale - stir another minute
Add the tofu and shake a little Complete Seasoning over the lot - cover and walk away for five minutes
Come on back and give everything a good stir - the tofu should be browning
Add the edamame and then cover up tight and give it a final five minutes
Done :)

The joy really comes from making a chili sauce border around the bowl and a big heart made of Sriracha Sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment