Monday, April 16, 2012

Sausage & Broccoli Bake

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of this dish... just goes to show how busy the morning was!  Trust me... it looks like quiche :)

Ingredients:

2 large stalks of broccoli - cut into small florets
1 small yellow onion, small dice
1 clove of minced garlic
6 Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage patties
6 Cage Free eggs
1 cup biscuit mix
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup veggie parmesan
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Cracked black pepper and kosher salt to taste

Preheat the oven to 375.

Saute the broccoli, onion and garlic in a covered pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. I used a shake of Nature's Seasoning Salt for a little umph here.  Cook only until the onions soften a bit and the broccoli turns bright green.

In a LARGE mixing bowl, beat the eggs a bit and then add the almond milk, biscuit mix, veggie parm and nutritional yeast.  It will be a little lumpy - that's good.

Next, add the sautéed broccoli, onion and garlic to the mixing bowl along with the crumbled sausage patties.  It took approximately 1:30 in the microwave for the frozen patties to succumb to crumbling. DO NOT over cook in the micro.

This amount of quiche-like batter fit perfectly in my 13x9 inch casserole dish.  I rocked some cracked black pepper and kosher salt across the top before baking.  The bake will take anywhere between 40-50 minutes in the oven.  Parts will rise, parts will fall - just keep an eye out a light browning on top and a firm center.

Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.  Also delicious completely cooled and I'm still enjoying it straight out of the fridge today! This dish is NOT getting me any closer to that one abdominal muscle but I'm okay with it!

Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment