Sunday, July 24, 2016

Coming Home to Roost

If you are part of the Orangetheory Summer Weight Loss Challenge, WELCOME!  This blog holds a whole chunk of my history during the best time of my life.  Living the healthiest, most beautiful existence on my island home of Barbados.  I started this blog the day I decided to give up meat (see my first post for some laughs) and kept it going until we got on the plane to move to DC.

I've had quite an evolution over the past 6 years and have spent more time researching nutrition that I care to admit. I am still a voracious nutrition junkie, often falling asleep with my Bose headphones on listening to lectures.  As you can imagine, my husband thinks I'm crazy.  But through my journey, he has recently changed his diet to 90% meatless.  I never asked him to, I only focused on being an example and shining my own light. I learned a lot about patience and love throughout this process.

Feel free to browse around the blog.  If you're a runner, read through my Great Train Race posts. That was the coolest thing I've ever done and the photos are beautiful.  I have recipes down the sidebar if you're looking for something simple.  These posts were all written from Barbados where our grocery stores don't have a quarter of what is available in the States.  I used what I could get my hands on.  I am not elaborate in the kitchen - just whole and fresh!

If you're thinking about stopping eating animals, I am here for you.  If you have questions about how to get "enough protein", how to make the transition or what you're going to do on Thanksgiving (haha) just reach out and we can meet for a chat.

In good health,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment